June 15, 2012

Hi-Low


{ Tank: Wilfred (old, from Aritzia) // Skirt: Forever 21 (also love this one) // Sandals: Zara (last seen here) // Headband: Goody // Clutch: Bijoux Terner // Bracelets: H&M and Forever 21 // Sunglasses: House of Harlow 1960 "Chelsea" }




{ Photographed by Eleanor Chow }

I've been on a bit of a hi-low hem kick lately, as seen in my last two outfit posts here and here. I just love the way the asymmetry makes the clothing flow and the visual interest it provides. I'm also having fun discovering new ways to wear old items. I've had this sleeveless blouse for a couple years now and always wore it loose and buttoned all the way down. Tying up the front to show off a sliver of skin gives it a completely different look that gives new life to a classic piece. Have you tried re-inventing items in your wardrobe? Do share them with me! Happy Friday!

17 comments:

  1. Love how you tied up the tank like that, Marisa! The bow makes it extra cute :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've managed to make this outfit both fun and classy! Looks beautiful! I especially love the shoes :)
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! I like the use of color in the shoes, it's not matchy matchy but still ties in with the color of the shirt. As for re-inventing clothing, I've been trying to wear some of my dresses as skirts ;) Great blog, glad to have discovered it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing dresses as skirts is a great idea! I'm going to have to try that. Thanks and have a great weekend too, Amy!

      Delete
  4. Great skirt and sandals!

    www.style-trigger.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog and it's so much fun!!! Love ur outfit in this post!!!

    Www.abreathofgemini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great! I love the bright pink and the sandals are amazing!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the high low trend...beautiful outfit here.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt is adorable!If you want we can follow also on bloglovin, fashiolista, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Win a Yosi Samra pair of shoes
    Come back soon to visit my blog: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marisa! Totally lovin' your style. :) I love the high-low trend too! While I have quite a few high-low pieces in my wardrobe, I've noticed they are not frequently seen on my blog. hahaha.

    Here's to a fabulous week.. and surely I'll be coming back for more visits. :D

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! Thank you so much for your lovely comment and I look forward to having you come back to visit! xo

      Delete
  10. I love this! It's so easy but still so chic. You have great style. I've just found your blog and I'm following now- looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and the follow Sarah!

      Delete
  11. Wow stunning outfit, those shoes are so gorgeous!

    http://www.superficialgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this look! now following

    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read them all and truly appreciate them :)